April 1, 2007

The Cocktail Party Experiment - Your Chance to Meet Us!

In my never-ending quest to make it easier and more fun to meet single people our age, WOW is hosting a cocktail party. I remember back, maybe ten or fifteen years ago, when it was easy to go out on a Saturday night and meet great single men my age. No, not the bar scene, where the guys were drunk and the women were treated like meat. I'm talking about singles dances, singles discussion groups, singles dinners, etc, etc. Other than our own Rookie (www.supersinglemixers.com), I can't find any fun places for us to meet. Oh sure, there's Speed Dating or No-Waiting-Dating, but we've done that and it was like aversion therapy. It was kinda dreadful and we never wanted to do it again. And, of course, there's online dating with Match.com or JDate or EHarmony, but that's so tedious and painstaking and rarely leads to a great relationship and it's left a lot of us just burned out.

So, back to the cocktail party. What if we meet at a local kinda upscale hotel lounge in Woodland Hills, I thought, and listen to a great band, have a drink, and do some dancing? No cover charge, it's a nice room, and the band is really good? How easy is that? So far, most of WOW is planning to attend and I'm doing some extensive advertising to draw a bigger crowd of both guys and gals and have received a surprising response so far. At the very least, it will be great music and good company for a few hours. At its best, we ladies will meet some gorgeous and fun guys that we might want to keep. Who wouldn't want to have that kind of fun?

So we're calling on all of you great guys (age 45 and up) to help us make this a successful experiment. Just email me at wowthatellen@yahoo.com and send me your picture (so I'll recognize you at the party) and tell me something about yourself that would make me crazy to meet you (and I'll share it with all the girls!) and I'll email back to you the details of the location. (Ladies interested in WOW are welcome, too!) Doesn't this sound like it'll be the best Saturday night you've had for a long time!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Details, please, when and where! I could not make the meeting....seems the best way is the old way...in person

Ellen said...

Glad you're interested. It looks like we're gonna have a good crowd - if you want to come to the cocktail party, please email me at wowthatellen@yahoo.com and I'll email you back with the details.
See you there Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Ellen, thanks for another great speaker. We can only hope Wayne's insights to help men be men will spread.
Carole

Anonymous said...

How many are you expecting? Women are always easy. Did any of the men step up to the plate?

Ellen said...

Well, so far about 60 guys have expressed interest - I don't know who will show up but it should be fun to watch the door! xo

Anonymous said...

Experiment a success?

Ellen said...

An amazingly stunning success. I'll write all the fabulous details when I come down from this high! Thanks to all of you who showed up, mixed and mingled, danced, and had fun. You made my night! xoxo