April 8, 2007

The WOW cocktail party? Fabulous!!!

Wow. I had this silly idea that it would be fun to get us off the computer and get us out in public with a great band at a nice club where we could meet fabulous men. What a concept! So I put an ad in the "women seeking men" section of Craigs List and reserved some tables at a local Hilton Lounge where I knew a cool band was playing and waited. About seventy or so guys from CL responded to the ad (where I asked for their pix and personal info) and I spent the week reading the emails and sending back an invitation with details to the party. Quite interesting, just that part of it. Most of the guys were good-looking and seemed like guys my ladies would like to meet. A few were stinkers, such as the guy who sent two close-ups of a certain body part and the others who refused to send their pix until I sent ones of the ladies. Or the guy who said we were too old to party and the other guy who called us hags!!! What do they know!

How did it turn out? Beyond my wildest imagination! I really had no idea who would show up or how everyone would interact at all. As soon as I walked in to the club, my tables were almost filled with my ladies and good-looking guys I'd never met and the night was on! One by one or two by two, our guys and gals walked in to the room, got a name tag and started meeting the others. Just like the "old days," we all mixed and mingled and danced and drank and laughed and paired off and danced some more. And it was amazing. The CL guys were really, really nice. I danced until my feet hurt and the music was the best. My ladies were beautiful and the men were better than I could imagine.

I really met the nicest guys! Where have you been hiding, you terrific men! I have to admit it was weird to meet guys I've never met but who have read my blog and know all about me and my life. One guy asked if I was over my cold and another guy told me how cute my grandchildren are. I just might have fallen in love with all of you guys - you were handsome, charming, and fun and I am just delighted to have met you!!! Thanks to you all for making the night so much fun.

So I vote we stop trying to find each other with online dating services and return to the "old days" when we meet like this. In real life. Pix to follow!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a loss from my part that I did not follow up with your invitation for the party....However, I look forward for the next encounters. I am glad that all you beautiful women had fun....

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you mature ladies using a modern tool in such a retro way :)

And with success too. . .lol

Anonymous said...

WOW! I just read about the party! I wish I would have seen it before instead of after! My loss... Hopefully, you'll have another one soon. This time, I'll be there!

Anonymous said...

..come on guys, can't keep these lovely ladies waiting too long....it was a good party, good music, they played all the favorites, "Mustang Sally, Papa was a Rolling Stone, etc.." To Ellen, it was a pleasure meeting you in person......hunter

Ellen said...

Ah Hunter, I can't tell you how much fun it was to meet you. Thanks so much for reading and commenting to the blog - and for asking me to dance last night! You were terrific! xo Ellen

Anonymous said...

Ellen, you have a talent for this, please continue!

Ellen said...

Ah, thank you! I had the best time with all of you great guys (and gals)! And yes, let's do it again. And soon! I'm making an email list of those who want to be part of the fun, so email me at wowthatellen@yahoo.com and ask me to put you on the Party List! Not only was the party so much fun, but several of you guys have emailed me, asking me for contact info of some of the ladies you met at the party or have seen on this blog!!! Apparently I'm a party planner and now a matchmaker. Maybe I'll get a date out of this myself!!! Hugs to all of you who helped make this event so much fun. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Absolutely marvelous posting, and very honest. I congratulate you and the other W.O.W. ladies!

Unknown said...

Ellen it was a pleasure meeting you ...and i hope see you soon..Freddy

Ellen said...

Thanks, Freddy. Your company was a pleasure - you could teach other men how to be gentlemen and make a lady feel special. xo