April 19, 2007

Airplanes and Snow White and Chicken dinner..


I'm just back from Leon's Conversations. I went especially to meet a potential speaker for a WOW meeting (and Lauri loves the chicken he makes for dinner). Whew, I knew in the first two minutes of her talk that I couldn't bring her to a WOW meeting, the girls would just chew her up and spit her out! The topic was supposed to be "knowing ourselves" and I'm always eager to learn these types of things in the hopes of making my life more meaningful. So we had our chicken and salad and Leon told us about living with his new girlfriend, which he enjoys immensely, and then said that he didn't know how long it would last, that at our age you never know, and we were a bit taken aback, like we go into such a relationship hoping it lasts and here he is being "realistic" about the possibility it won't. But he looks happy, he really does, and we're happy for him.

So the speaker started with a story about a guy on an airplane and then she went to Pinocchio and then to what appeared to be Snow White, a lady with vertically-challenged neighbors, and then said we are each the center of our own universe. I thought that maybe I fell asleep or was taken away for a few minutes by an alien from outer space because I must have missed something valuable and that's why I couldn't follow what she was saying. Then she talked about styles of behaving and William Marston and DISC and what can you see? and paces like slow and fast and being task or people oriented and then we took a test that showed I was S and C but was I supposed to answer the questions from what I thought about myself or how I think others see me and I was just really lost. I have no clue.

I think what she was saying is that we hear things and handle tasks differently, from the bottom-liner to the detailed oriented, etc, and that it's important to recognize our own style and the style of the person with whom we are interacting. I guess the ladies around me were equally lost so they started talking about what we want from a guy, whether we wanted to get married or not, whether we could really live with a guy or what. A few wanted to get married so they could stop dating. One lady said she could live with a guy, but that they had to have separate bedrooms so she could send him there when she wanted to be alone. I'm not sure if I should share my views on this subject, but I'm gonna anyway, so my thought is to have him show up with flowers, have a great dinner, rip off his clothes and ravage him, sleep in his arms, wake up to breakfast in bed (whatever that might mean at the time), and then send him home so that I could do whatever I wanted the rest of the day. Ah, just the thought of it!

So the speaker? No. The chicken? Yes. And for all of you who missed it, here is the recipe: Take chicken pieces, coat with Balsamic vinegar, cover with something like ginger teriyaki marinade, add garlic and onion powder, sprinkle Parmesan over the top, and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...suppose a man shows up at your door step with flowers and a small bottle of Wesson oil?.........hunter

Anonymous said...

I am going to try the chicken recipe......hunter