July 30, 2007

Is love in the air?

Some of my new girlfriends are dating guys they've met at my parties. That's soooo cool. And I'm still dating the same guy I met at the Concert in the Park. Even cooler. I get emails every day from friends asking how things are going, what's he like, where's it going, and how do I feel about him. Women like to hear about these things from their friends, almost like the warmth of one relationship warms others who hear about it.

It's hard to write about this one because it's so good and I don't want to jinx it. He's kind and thoughtful, he still brings me flowers, he says really nice things about me, and he keeps showing up. He plans things, he asks to see me, and he's sexy. He took me to a party over the weekend with women I thought he was sure to find attractive and, just when I was feeling like I wasn't in my league, he said to me something like "how is it you are the prettiest women in the room?" He continues to express to me in words how much he values who I am and names what he perceives are my good qualities. He makes time for me, he encourages me, he listens to me, and he expresses his gratitude for what I do for him. He calls me during the day just to wish me a good day and he tells me that he feels better just hearing my voice. I feel happy with him in my life and I like who I am around him. He's becoming a good friend. There's nothing wrong. Is that wrong?

I remember that Sex in the City episode where Carrie was dating Aidan and was upset that everything was so good and she complained to her girlfriends that it was too perfect. Like a relationship can't be this good and, if it seems to be, there really must be something wrong. How does that make sense? I know, I know, I know that it's early in the relationship and that there are bound to be issues that cause grief, even if it's only reacting to something when I'm tired or if he pushes an old button or if I give in to my insecurities, but so far I'm living in the moment and commited to just enjoying him. This is good, right?

And I continue to get emails asking who else has met someone from my Parties so I'd like to put it out there and ask those of you who connected with someone you met at a Cocktail Party or the Concert (or anywhere else!) to write to me about it. What's he or she like? How's it going so far? What do you like about him or her? How has this been different than meeting online? Email me at wowthatellen@yahoo.com or push the comment button below and write away. Inquiring minds want to know.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

I'm so glad that you found such a nice man to date. Gives us hope that we will all find the Right One! Only wish I was in CA to attend one of your parties!

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope "love is in the air", and that if it is a huge wind blows some my way!!