December 12, 2006

Movin' on....

Now that I'm unattached, again, having done the exchange of stuff we left at each other's houses, I'm being urged and pushed and nudged to date again. Not so interested, thank you...Think I'll take a break, read a few (or more) good books, take in some movies, see my homies, or maybe just do nothing.

So just for fun, and to remind myself that there are men out there that might be worth meeting, I perused a few online dating sites to do some light reading. Of course, there are the guys I've seen online for the past ten years or so, with still the same picture and claiming to be the guy we really want. Golly, wouldn't someone have taken them if they'd been so fab?!? Ah, let's not be cynical, girl.

I've got a reasonable IQ, but there are some profiles I just don't understand. Help me here. "Wannabe chef seeks brave mouth to feed" says that, if his life doesn't improve soon, he's giving serious thought to joinng the French Foreign Legion. A woman will find that appealing? One guy who looks like he's maybe 350 pounds claims to be "a few extra pounds" and has titled his profile "I LOVE TO HUGGY BODY KISSES LIPS" and is clearly a lover of punctuation when he writes "I like going horse back riding with friends. and being in nature. and loving life." What?!? Another guy who clearly hasn't seen a razor in decades and titled his profile "let;s have some fun I;m a great guy" write that "one of my fun thing.s to do is travel on my harley. not so fun clean the garage." Common, guy, get a personality! And why hasn't "White Knight" who writes "I am a romantic and a gentleman, I will write you a poem, give you a great back rub and fix you a winning omlette for breakfast. I will treat you like a lady and tell you how much I appreciate you" been snapped up?

OK, OK, I promise not to enter the dating world until I return to my kind, compassionate, and uncynical self, when I can give some men, maybe not these men, a fair chance. Until then, ya got any good books to share?

No comments: