August 12, 2006

He said, she said....

OK, OK, I'll tell you the details of the date! But in a little different way. He wrote the details of the date as if he were me - and I wrote the details of the date as if I were him. Confusing? Right. The He Said is written by me. The She said is written by him. Have fun reading!!!

HE SAID:(written by me...)
"I’m so nervous. What if she doesn’t like me? What if I don’t like her? What if there’s nothing to talk about? OK, I’m in her driveway, I’m gonna just do it, walk up to the door and knock on the door. OK, I’m taking a deep breath, waiting. Oh, she’s soooo pretty! And so soft! And she’s smiling and I can’t take my eyes off her. Oooooh, now she’s hugging me! Ooooh, I don’t want to let go but I think I should but I don’t want to. Oh, she let go. Phooey. I’m trying to make conversation but I’ve got this silly smile on my face and I hope she doesn’t think I’m goofy, but she’s so pretty, I just want to touch her.

So we went to a movie. Wait, when we left and were standing on the front porch so she could lock the door, I said “I have to do the Woody Allen "Annie Hall" thing and kiss you now.” And I did and she seemed to like it but maybe she thinks I’m stupid and only thinking with my dick. Well, she seemed to like it.

The middle is sort of a blur. We found the park, put down our chairs, ate the Chinese food, and drank wine. The movie was good, especially since she let me hold her hand and I think I kissed her a few times during the movie. It’s a blur. Sitting next to her makes me a bit crazy. She’s kinda sexy and I want to do things to her that I can’t talk about right now.

So then we went back to her place, put in the CD and sat outside in the patio in the dark with our chairs across from each other and our feet on each others’ chair. I rubbed her feet. Well, at least I got to rub something. She’s really, really soft. And this part I do remember well, how we talked about stuff that was personal and I shared some feelings and she listened. She’s a good listener, either she doesn’t say anything back and just lets me talk or she talks about something I said to make me talk more about it. I really like her. I can’t remember feeling this comfortable with anyone for a really long time. Did I say she’s really soft?

Then, we went inside and sat on this really big chair she has and talked and then kissed and I rubbed her arm (although I wanted to rub somewhere else, but I’m being a good boy – I don’t want to scare her away) and kissed and kissed. And then she sent me home. Geez, I remember those days when I was a teenager and the girls would only let us go so far and then we had to go home and take that cold shower. But she’s worth it. Really worth it. I really want her to like me. I think she does."


SHE SAID: (written by him)
"Well, last night I had the first date with that man I met online.
Online and on the phone he was smart, and funny and adorable. I
think I said that before, but he is, so I'll leave it at that. I was
a little nervous, not that much when you consider I haven't had a
date in over a year. He called when he was in the neighborhood, so I
put Buddy, my attack poodle in his cage. Buddy barks at everyone and
usually goes and jumps on anyone who comes in the house. I didn't
want Buddy to interrupt our first face to face. He (the guy, not
Buddy) promised me a hug, but I wasn't sure if he meant right away or
later in the evening or at the end, so I wanted to be prepared.

When I opened the door, he was standing there with a red Rose wrapped
in some brown paper, We looked directly in each other's eyes, he
said hello. I think I mumbled something but I don't remember. He
gave me the flower, and a CD he made for me, and then he hugged me --
one of those long, solid, heart pressed to heart hugs, although I
noticed that the lower halves of our bodies were politely apart. I
wanted to hold him like this for a long time, it felt so good to be
in the arms of a man who knows how to hug, but I broke the hug or he
did or I don't know. I didn't want to hold him too long and have to
have him push me away. That would not have been a good beginning.

He came in, and I went to let Buddy out. I warned the guy (I don't
know if he wants me to use his name yet) that Buddy would bark and
jump, but when I opened Buddy's cage, he calmly walked over to the
guy and stood there waiting to be petted. Buddy has never done this
before. Does he know something I should know? Of do I already know
it and Buddy just picked up on my feelings? The guy said he loves
dogs and they like him. Well, Buddy did, anyway.

I tried to make some small talk while I put the rose in some water.
The guy told me you are supposed to cut the stem under water to
prevent any air bubbles from getting in the stem and blocking the
flow of water up[ to the rose bud. I never knew that, but I didn't
do it. I don't know why. I didn't want him to tell me what to do.
I think I was trying to hold onto some sort of defense and keep my
feet on the ground. To tell the truth, those first few minutes are
kind of a blur. We were small talking and I kept having trouble
finding the next word. Here I am, a strong woman, a writer to whom
words are comfortable companions, and now they were flying out of my
head but not out of my mouth. He was kind of grinning, and he said
that my forgetting words was probably just nerves. I could see he
was enjoying my awkwardness, but not in a one up, dominant sort of
way, like he knew he had the upper hand, but in a kind and generous
way. I like him. We kept making eye contact, more than most people
do when they meet. It was funny in a way, like we were two kids who
couldn't believe they were actually on a date with this other really
cool person. I know that's how he felt. I just liked looking at
him, looking at me.

In the doorway, as we were leaving, he stopped and kissed me, not a
big deal kiss, but a soft touching of our lips, lingering for only a
moment. It was nice and sweet. He said he decided that the Woody
Allen "Annie Hall" approach was a good one. He read that in my
blog. I have to decide if I want to keep giving him explicit insight
into my thoughts and feelings. It might make me hold back when I
write, and I don't want to do that. Maybe I shouldn't have told him
about the blog. We talked about that later, and he said he would
stop reading if if I asked him to. He says he doesn't lie, not
anymore, and I think I believe him. I don't know about the blog.
I'll have to think about that. Did I mention that I like him?

We drove off to Northridge Park where we were going to sit on a hillside
surrounded by families with all kinds of kid, eat our Chinese food
and watch Shrek. How's that for a different kind of first date. I
had suggested it, and he surprised me by jumping all over it. So off
we go to the park, but a few blocks from my house, he remembers that
I forgot the chairs. Sitting in the living room, near the door, my
collection of folding beach chairs for us to choose a pair from and I
forgot them. Ok, maybe I am a bit nervous (still forgetting words)
and just a little bit excited. The kiss, the flower, the Buddy
thing. He doesn't gloat about the chairs but I know he is really
enjoying the effect he is having on me. That's ok, I'll get him later.

After going back to get the chairs, we finally get to the park, sit
down, take off our shoes, and he offers me a plastic cup of red wine,
not a full cup but you know me with wine, it doesn't have to be
much. Against my better judgement, but without any protesting, I
take it. Good wine. We sit and talk, and eat, and drink till the
movie is about to start, then we lean back to watch it. Shrek is a
funny movie. I forgot how good it is. When the Gingerbread Man
says, "Eat me!" to Lord Farquard, we both laugh out loud. I am
relaxed now, and I think he is too. Maybe it's the wine but I don't
care. Not long into the movie he takes my hand, and for a very long
time we touch, and stroke and play with each other''s fingers. I
think Rori would approve, and I am enjoying it too. He also leans
over to kiss me sometime during all this. Another soft kiss but with
a little passion, and just a hint of tongue. This is a really good
wine.

I have to stop writing now, I'm having a flashback and I want to stop
and enjoy it.

Ok, I'm back. After the movie, we go back to my house and we go
inside. It was as natural as could be for me to bring him in, and
neither of us was looking to end the evening early. I put on his CD
and we go outside on my patio to talk and listen to his eclectic (his
word) mix of music that he thought I would enjoy. We have very
similar tastes in music. This is going very well, don't you think?
We sit on chairs, facing each other. I think I put my foot up on his
chair (not between his legs) and he got the hint and proceeded to
give my foot a very nice rubbing. He said he wasn't all that
experienced, but he was good enough. He reminded me about that
other guy who I went out with who did this, and then disappeared
(darn, he has been reading this blog) and assured me he was not
going to do the same. We stay like that for over an hour, at least as
long as it took to hear the whole CD. I liked his music, and I liked
his hands and I liked his lips. I think I already told you I liked
him. We got up to go inside and he hugged me again, a really long
one this time, and I felt wonderful, and he felt wonderful.

We were back inside, I made sure to point out my chair and a
half, a wide armchair with ottoman. He took the hint and invited me
to join him on it. I can't go into all the details now, but I will
say that he held me and we kissed, serious kisses now, and I snuggled
against him, and we did not have sex. He didn't even try to make it
happen. That's because we have this agreement that we made on the
phone before we ever met, but that's another story.

Around midnight, we said goodbye and he left."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the most bizarre and at the same time, the most wonderful thing I've ever done, post first date. And then I agreed she could publish it. Did I mention I like her?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great first date.....with many more to follow. How exciting for both of you. Just go with it and let it happen!!!!