March 3, 2008

Profiles, psychics, and heat.

I'm single again and my girlfriends are doing their best to keep me company. I'm doing fine but I appreciate their efforts. Nothing as good for the soul as laughing with the girlfriends, for sure.

One of the girls invited me to her house for Sunday dinner and to show me the responses she's received from some guys online. She has a really nice ad posted with a really pretty picture and has received a ton of responses. She saved the weird, silly, and just plain awful ones for me.

One guy sent a really ugly picture of himself, like he was nose to nose with the camera and wrote I AM OLD AND UGLY, WRIGHT TO ME ANYWAY FOR A LAUGH. At least he's honest, huh?

Some ladies get upset when a guy reveals something unpleasant about himself right away when meeting, but I'm a firm believer that it's a blessing to find out these things before we get more involved. One guy did it in his first email to my friend: I can be difficult. I don't care much for new age, alternative, postmodern, or touchy-feely stuff. I read a lot about politics, technical crap, and wide variety of other topics. I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, gods, miracles, psychics, astrology, UFO's, or GWBush. I don't go out much, don't want to quit smoking just now, don't want to get dressed up, and don't particularly want to meet lots of exciting new people or go places I haven't been. And what exactly about this would make us want to meet you?!?

Some guys just come on too strong too soon, like this one that wrote: That, and all you describe sounds wonderful.I am a romantic man with a sensual soul in search of a paramour.I am a right brain/left brain renaissance man.A man who loves kissing and cuddling and sexual heat. peace and joy. Slow down, big guy, and take it one step at a time!

Some guys just don't know that there are certain things they just should say to us, like the very young guy who wrote: hi i love mature women who are slim and sexy.. own your sensuality.. A fact, young man, we ladies don't like to be described as older, mature, or any other word that infers our age. We know how old we are, but we'd rather you not remind us.

It was a yummy dinner and a fun time with my friend. Think I'll pass on the profiles for a while and take some time to myself. Would love to hear about YOUR experiences online!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "non touchy feely guy wrote to me too". I sure recognized the response". Disgusting but honest. I really don't think that he wants to meet someone. He just wants to turn people off.