June 4, 2007

Music, Dessert, and You!







I love to write. You must know that by now. And, as a "writer," I love words. Big words, little words, words that sound funny, words that allow me to say what I'm thinking or feeling, I just love words. But words about today's concert?!? Can't find the right ones! Fabulous and fun, surprising and crowded, delicious and amazing? Great words, but not quite enough to describe the day!

We had the First Concert In The Park for my Party List and it was all the above words and more! It's always quite an experience to get to the site of an event, set up the stuff, and stand back and watch what happens. One by one the nicest people show up and, after a very short time, you all create energy that is fun and exciting and full of life. People ask me why I make the effort to create events like this? YOU are why.

You were the nicest people, guys and gals alike! My heartfelt thanks to the many of you I'd never met before who commented to me about this blog, saying that you look forward to my posts. Thanks to the guy who said I write the nicest emails to the Party Group. Thanks to those of you who said kind things about me, even though you many have only read my words and this was the first time we've met. Thanks to the ladies who brought the yummiest desserts to share. Thanks to the guys who looked so good in your most casual clothes and took the time to walk around and meet the ladies. Thanks to Rookie of www.supersinglemixers.com who continues to teach me how to have successful parties and works tirelessly to greet our guests and make them feel welcome. Thanks to John from "the other group" who clearly made a point to be gracious to me. Big hugs to George who carried my chairs and table from my car to the park and to Chuck who shared his dinner with me and carried his stuff and my stuff to my car when the party was over. Special thanks to Kim who brought the most beautiful roses to share and to "Opus" who, true to his word, brought carnations for the ladies. You were all just wonderful. Wonderful.

People ask me why I do this, spend my time, effort, and some money creating these free events. This is why, to spend several hours watching single people our age having such fun. Every where I looked, my Partygoers were talking to people they had just met and I heard that at least two my beautiful ladies were asked out by really nice guys. I created an event where people my age were comfortable enough to mix and mingle and had what sure looked like a really, really fun time! My heart is touched by the beauty of all of you. Thanks for making my parties so much fun. I wish I could hug you and tell each of you how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and how much pleasure I get from watching you have fun. I wish I could tell you each how special and terrific you are. I just don't have the words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually do have the words, and they are most beautifully put!
I was there, and your description was so great, it was as much fun to read about it as to experience it.
Thank you for all your efforts. And how wonderful that you are so kind of heart, and spirit, that our enjoyment is your reward!
YEAH Ellen! :)
Proud to be your friend, and thanks for the fantatsic honorable mention. It feels so great to be appreciated! Rookie

Anonymous said...

You actually do have the words, and they are most beautifully put!
I was there, and your description was so great, it was as much fun to read about it as to experience it.
Thank you for all your efforts. And how wonderful that you are so kind of heart, and spirit, that our enjoyment is your reward!
YEAH Ellen! :)
Proud to be your friend, and thanks for the fantastic honorable mention. It feels so great to be appreciated! Rookie

Anonymous said...

HI Ellen you rock, nice event, really love it, I met special ladies, thanks George "jorge" thanks a lot!