May 13, 2010

Furry love lives on.




I lost another love this week.  For the past twelve years, that furry little guy was my companion, rarely more than a few feet away.  He was silly and happy and wild and sweet.  And wonderfully nice to my grandchildren, never once nipping or growling at them, always by their side or kissing them or lying across them.  He loved to walk, he loved the cat, he loved food, and he loved me.  Actually, he loved a lot of people and would practically wiggle out of his skin when one of his favorites came to visit.  He would be on your lap just as your butt hit the couch and I believe he thought your reason to visit was to snuggle with him.

He was sick for a while, still cheery and wiggly and happy.  But, at twelve years old and having lost five of his 23 pounds, he was at that point where treatment would be difficult, causing him pain and distress, and I made that impossible choice to end his life before great suffering began. I told him he was a really good dog, that I loved him very much, and that I appreciate how good he was to the children.  And then he was gone and I am left with my memories.  Wonderful memories of sweet, furry Buddy.




4 comments:

Daria said...

He was such a good dog and loved by many. His happy spirit will always live on in many hearts.

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you....

Leona Johnson

Jewish Online Dating said...

So sorry to hear about your pooch. He looks so cute...May God bless his soul and give you strength to overcome his loss.

Unknown said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy. I will miss his excited wiggliness.