May 12, 2008

The party fun and some missed connections....






That was another fun party. Thanks to all of you who showed up looking so good and smiled and danced and met knew people and looked like you were having a really great time. From the pre-party dinner to cool band and their amazing music, it was a pleasure for me to watch you all enjoying yourselves. A big hug and thank you to the lovely ladies who greeted you and made your nametags! Here's some comments from the party goers:

Hi Ellen
A really fun party! You deserve a big vote of thanks from the singles who attended and had a fun place to go! There are not a lot of cool places available
for the diversified age groups and you have made a great one. I got off the wall and danced!
Thanks again, Bill


You go, Bill! You're a nice guy, a gentleman, and a good sport for putting up with me nudging you to get out there and meet some of the lovely ladies! Good going!

Ellen:
Thinks for inviting me and the many others were in attendance. I enjoyed myself and met someone called Olga, a cancer technologist. I like to thank her for the dances and pleasant conversation we exchanged She neglected to give me her email address which I am sure you have, but may be hidden in the many hundreds on your list.
externally I am
shelthebard@sbcglobal.net


I hope she emails! Be sure to keep me posted!


Hi Ellen,
Yes it was a great party even though I couldn't dance with my leg cast still on. I did meet someone. "Jason" and his friend but they left to go to another club after they talked with us for about 2 hours. I would like to talk with him again, or however you post those things!.
Thanks for a terrific party, and what a band!!!!
Sharon


OK, Jason, send me an email (wowthatellen@yahoo.com) and give me a way to put you and Sharon together. I just met her and I liked her immediately, so I can imagine how much you must have enjoyed your time together!

There was a swing dancer named Mark, who didn't get to dance with or spend time with. Would have liked to have gotten to dance with and talk with him. He was late 40's to early 50's, a little overweight, and balding; seemed very nice. Debbie (blonde 54 year old in white dress with large turquiose flowers)

Hey Mark, Debbie wants to dance with you! Let me know how she can reach you!

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for organizing such a great party.
You rock!
Paul


Thanks, Paul! It's cool to hear that! I'm delighted you had fun.

Hi Ellen,
It was great to meet you and talk with you a bit at last night's gathering - another fun party. My friend Rosie enjoyed herself as well and we both thought the band was fabulous! Loved their music selections and their sound!
I enjoyed meeting the others we sat with over dinner earlier - all very nice people.
I hope you're feeling better and I look forward to connecting again soon!
Thanks again for the effort and time you make to pull these events/parties off!
~Chris


Ah, Chris, it's meeting people like you that makes it all worthwhile. I'll look forward to getting to know you better soon!

I welcome any of your comments or thoughts about the party. I just think these parties attract the nicest people possible and I appreciate how you all come with such an upbeat attitude. You make the parties fun for everyone!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the give your number to a man issue is hard for more people than just me.

I think that it is because when we were younger, we met in every day life, and not in a party setting.

I am finally getting that it is the way to meet at this age.
Now, if we could just not feel that cringe of writing a number on a napkin!