December 17, 2007

Ships, Shows, and Silliness - The Cruise!






I just got back from the cruise! Last year, a group of us Wowettes went on a weekend cruise to Ensenada and had a great time. This year, I decided to open the cruise up to the Party List, the people who I invite to the free cocktail parties I've thrown this year, and we had an even better time! We had over 80 in our group and from what I could see, every one was having fun!

I was trying to figure out what made it such fun. It would be hard not to have a good time on a cruise, but this one was especially fun. There were activities all day, food available in a variety of places whenever you got hungry, shows to enjoy all evening, and music in a variety of discos for our dancing pleasure. Going with a group is a little different because, no matter where you are, you are likely to see someone in your group to sit with or dance with or eat with or just hang out with, and it's always more fun to have someone to enjoy the fun with. A lot of our group went by themselves or with one other person and, after a short time, it sure seemed like everyone knew everyone else and mingled like they were old friends. It made my trip even more special to see all of you enjoying yourselves.

Not many specifics, I know, but I'll post more pix when I get them and tell more about the cruise then. (Meanwhile, here's a few pix of the ship and those towel animals the guys who clean the rooms make!) I send out a very warm thank you to the guys and gals who came up to me on the cruise to say they enjoy my parties and like to read this blog - I appreciate your kind words. And I want to send out a very big and heartfelt thank-you to our Wowette Bev from the Northridge AAA who planned this weekend for all of us and made sure we were had a good time. She is planning another cruise in May, this time starting in New Orleans, and I'm hoping that even more of you single people out there decide to join us then. (You can reach Bev at 818-313-7677.)

Well, I've got laundry to do and another Cocktail Party to plan so I'll just make this short. If you're single and live in or around the Los Angeles area and you'd like an invitation to the upcoming Holiday Cocktail Party, send an email asking for details to wowthatellen@yahoo.com. See you at the next party or cruise!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So.....did any of these wonderful singles having a great time "hook up"?

Anonymous said...

So.....I'd love to see more pics.

Ellen said...

As soon as they get sent to me, I'll post them!
xo Ellen