May 12, 2006

You do or you don't?

Ya just don't know. For our next WOW meeting, we've got a therapist who specializes in divorce recovery to speak to us. And he's a guy. And he's speaking about "Men's Issues in Dating." Should be quite enlightening. Guys have issues? Guys are aware of their issues? It's perfect timing for what happened today. I got an email from a guy on Match.com. I had talked to him last year, just after the break-up, when I wasn't ready to meet anyone. So we talked and talked, almost every day, and finally met and had the best dinner-date in memory. We came back to my house, sat outside by the pool, and he rubbed my feet. And then never called again. I am ugly? I am not fun? All those chick things ran through my mind, over and over....So he writes me today and says, Hi, how are you? and I wrote back and said, Fine, what happened that you never called? (I'm clearly not one to mince words, huh?) OK, so here's his reply. Let me know if this makes sense at all:

Hello Ellen,
We(Matt,the pooch and myself) are all doing fine,thanks.Spring is here so the business is booming and there is no peace for me,or as they say,no rest for the ...is it "wicked?"Not sure about that quote.To answer your question(you never were one to beat around the bush...):Hmmm.I could make something up,or I could just try to explain what I felt.Let's try for the second one...It's hard to remember all that was said leading up to our meeting,but I know we wrote and spoke quite a bit.I am not your average guy on Match,not really the guy next door,and honestly go way beyond quirky in how I view the world,but more importantly,how I relate to women.It's just a bit off,so to speak.But we did meet,and you were exactly how I imagined you'd be:funny,cute as a button,and with your life well organized and everything in it's place.At least,that was my impression.So all the way home,I kept thinking to myself....is she ready for someone like m e?If she really got to know Paul as he is,what he is looking for,how would she react?And the answer I came up with was that you would probably not like what you discovered.This is not to say that I am a horrible person,or a criminal type,as I am certainly not.I just know that my ways are different.If you ever decide you want to chat,I'm always available.Lord,am I available.paul


No comments: