May 9, 2006

Existential angst...

Sometimes ya just wanta cocoon, you know, just crawl under the covers, not answer the phone, ignore email, and eat chocolate. I'm in one of those times now, just feeling so overwhelmed and stressed and asking, are the planets in the wrong place, earth got tilted, what?!? I put gas in my car, yes $3.50 a gallon, and then the gas thing jumped off the pump, sprayed gas all over me, and then hit my foot. My garbage disposal broke. My hot water heating is leaking. Work is just weird. The internet at home stopped working and the crazy folks at Time-Warner transferred me all over and then each one asked, "what's the problem?" until I just wanted to scream. Finally allowed myself to talk to a guy from Match.com on the phone and had the most fun conversation, just felt like I could finally be myself, and he writes an email saying how fabulous I am but we're "not a match." And the only other guy I gave my number to left a message and, I swear, sounded like a woman. I just wanna be left alone. A bright spot? The cable guy came over to fix the internet problem and turned out to be adorable. I was kinda turned on by being near him. It's nice to feel that. He fixed the internet, the TV wiggle, the phone dropouts, and was patient and sweet. And good looking? Yep. Maybe I'll just forget my troubles and ask him to a movie. Could use a new friend. Could use more than that. OK, it's just a movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a week! Maybe you are saving all of your luck so you can win tons of baskets at the Mother's Day Brunch tomorrow! Glad to hear you can laugh at it all and be optimistic, too. xoxo