August 7, 2008

Kids, blogs, and lessons.

I'm having a strange month so far. I'm still not feeling fabulous and am taking some lovely-nasty meds for the pain. Feeling a bit odd, a bit down, a bit lost, a bit out of sorts. You've felt like that, haven't you?

So meanwhile, I'm getting hits on a few dating sites from some guys, which could be a good thing. Could be, I said. Except that they're either under 29 years old, living in Texas or Virginia, or inviting me to join their nudist colony. All of these are fine for someone, but definitely not for me.

Meanwhile, the twins are just now five and had their birthday party at my house last Sunday. Now that was fun. Lots of kids and their parents in the pool, a few dogs, and assorted adults. And all seemed to have a great time. The twins opened their presents and kissed and hugged each gift-giver and today their mommy called me to read what they'd told her to write in a few thank you notes and I cried, it was so sweet.

And now my beautiful curly-haired daughter started writing her own blog!!! How cool is that!!! It's called "It's all about the small stuff" and you can read it and see her picture at http://itsallaboutthesmallstuff.blogspot.com/ It's her idea that it's not the big issues or events in life that are the most meaningful, but the little stuff that makes all the difference in making life richer and more meaningful. My daughter is an amazing, thoughtful, and kind woman and a wonderful mommy.

So what's the point? I have no idea, I really don't. Maybe it's that sometimes life is just about making it through the day. Or that not ever meal is Thanksgiving dinner and sometimes life is just routine. That there are good days and bad days? Or that there is lesson somewhere in here, but I don't know what it is. Do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter writes as beautifully as her mother!