February 12, 2008

It's not a coincidence.






I know I already wrote about the Conscious Life Expo I attended on the weekend, a bit of counter-culture that was good for the soul. I didn't write about another speaker, a young woman who was a life coach who spoke about synchronicity. Her name is Mindie Kniss who writes on her business card "positively influencing the collective consciousness, one life at a time."

It's an interesting concept, this syncronicity, the idea that there are no coincidences and that everything happens for a reason. The trick is to be aware of when it happens and be open to what it is teaching us. The audience told stories like receiving a job offer by phone at the same time as being told by a current boss that they were being laid off. Mindy herself was working for a pharmaceutical company in Africa and was about to be brought back to the states when she made the decision that she was going to work for only one more year and then devote herself to life coaching and writing. When she returned to her home post, she was advised the next day that the company was closing her office and that she had one year to choose a transfer or seek other work. That's synchronicity, that the universe is somehow managing our lives in positive ways, bringing things to us that teach us and push us and help us in our path to knowing ourselves better and leading more fulfilling lives.

Although I'm not religious, I've been known to say that there must be a God since so many things occur in my life that so obviously are meant to teach me something. When my mother was very ill and near death seven years ago, there were so many amazing things that happened to help me make her last months easier, like me being the only one to get right through to her doctors and people sending her flowers without realizing they was her favorite, to the only night I felt the need to sleep at her house and so was able to be with her in her last moments, even though I had no idea that it was about to happen.

And in my life, these things do happen, one after another,like I learn one message from one event and then the next situation is brought into my life to teach me what I need to learn next. When I formed the Wow group, I had no idea that I would be having monthly meetings and inviting speakers. The first dinner was so successful that I decided to do it the next month and meanwhile heard a relationship coach speak and invited her to the next Wow meeting and I've had free speakers almost every month since then. We've all enjoyed the speakers immensely, each imparting a different message about how to live more joyfully and successfully. But for me, it's like every speaker has spoken to something I was struggling with at that very moment of time, like some divine being cared enough for me to bless me with the message in my own front room, words that comforted or helped me solve a problem or were just the next piece in my own particular puzzle of life.

I used to think that life would get easy and that I would get to a certain age and the struggles would be over, but now I know that it doesn't happen that way. So I say thank you to those of you who help me on this path of healing and health, you who so graciously and generously share yourselves with me and allow me to share myself with you. May you all be aware of the synchronicities in your own lives and be joyful at the opportunity to learn and live more fully.

No comments: