July 17, 2008

A road trip to a lake.






I'm going on a road trip. I love the adventure of new places and new people. I'm going to June Lake with my friend Kathy and we have no plans really, just to get their and hang with a friend of hers. I like to pretend that I don't work when I'm on vacation because I don't want to spend my time thinking of the problems there when I'm somewhere else. Just want to pretend that I have nothing to do and can do anything I want whenever I want to or do nothing.

While I was planning the trip, another friend sent me an email about how single people often live their lives as if being single is temporary, a place to be when waiting for couplehood. It said that we should live our single lives as if this is all there is, be happy with our present condition, and not just wait around to see if something better is offered. Live fully in the moment, enjoy totally what we can create right now, and not think about or wish or pine for something different. I think it would be nice to have a great guy in my life and do the things that couples do, but this is what I've got and I'm pretty happy with it and very grateful for my blessings. In this very moment.

I think we miss a lot of life when we're planning our future or being sad or angry about our past. Didn't someone say that life is what's happening while we're making plans? So, if you're looking for me or I don't return calls or answer emails, I'm either driving in my little Suburu or walking through a forest or sitting still and listening to nature in the lovely little town of June Lake. Here's a little something about where I'll be:

June Lake is a subalpine lake in Mono County, California, located at 37°47′19″N, 119°04′29″W at an elevation of 7,612 ft (2,320 m), 20 miles North from Mammoth Lakes and 15 miles South from Lee Vining. It is one of the four lakes (June Lake, Gull Lake, Silver Lake & Grant Lake) inside the June Lake Loop. The lake is popular for fishing. It is located about 5 miles south of the southern end of Mono Lake following U.S. Route 395 and then 2 miles west on State Route 158.

The town of June Lake, California is on the southern end of the lake. The population of the town is approximately 600 (according to the posted signs) full time residents. In the Summer that can blossom to 5400 fisherman, campers, tourists, backpackers and outdoors enthusiasts.

No comments: