January 20, 2009

Friends, horses, and dancing with the President!

Man, I just wanna dance with Obama. Geez, that guy is cool and he can move! OK, he seems like a guy who has the passion and energy to make the world a better place, but doesn't he look good? Yeah, yeah, so Michelle is beautiful, but a girl can dream!

Listen, it's been a cool week. I had dinner with one of my best friends ever and her parents, like I was just a member of their family and I loved it. I love being with people who just accept me and love me and think being with me is pretty cool, but don't we all? Thanks Susan, from the bottom of my heart.

And I went out with Bev, my recently broken-up with friend, who tends to make me laugh so hard it's tough to control my bodily functions. We went to check out some possible party sites and ended up at a nearby club and we danced!!! OK, so I walk in and it's dark and noisy and crowded and hot and there are people everywhere and I find a little empty place to stand and check it out and a cute guy comes up to me and says, "Do you live in Culver City and aren't you a client of mine?" and another guy says "Didn't I meet you in Beijing?" and I'm just stunned because I don't live in Culver City and I've NEVER been to China. And then, another guy comes up and says "Hi Bev, Hi Ellen" and Bev and I look at each other and realize that neither of us knows who he is and we just start laughing and I have to tell Bev to stop, just stop, because sometimes we just can't stop laughing once we get wound up and that's my experience at going clubbing for the first time in maybe seven months. Had a great time, thanks Bev!

And then I wasn't supposed to have my grandchildren on the weekend because they had family visiting but my daughter asked me to take them Sunday because the company was sick so we met my wonderful friend Kathy in the Chatsworth Hills and I almost have no words to describe how magical a time we had. We drove up to meet Kathy and found her talking to a lady on a horse who let the kids feed the horse carrots and then we walked a block south and visited two more horses who came to the fence and ate our carrots and then we hiked way up the hills to see over the 118 freeway and saw more horses on the way down who, again, let the kids feed them. See if this picture describes the magic, with Kathy walking with her pooch Onyx (who the children hug and say "I love you, Onyx" when they first arrive) and holding Talia's hand to help her up the hill:

And then Obama becomes President and I cry and feel hopeful and, for the first time in so long, I am proud to be an American. Maybe he'll end the war, feed the poor, mend fences all over the world, and stop global warming. I feel hopeful, I really do. Now, if he'd only dance with me!

No comments: