September 22, 2007

You are invited to the next Cocktail Party!

We're having another party. Yes, another party. It's hard to meet quality single people our age, and many of us are using online dating sites with little success, so I have hosted six or seven, I lost count, cocktail parties at a local hotel. There's no cover charge, the band rocks, and the room is made for mixing and mingling. There's a connected outside patio and a balcony full of chairs and lots and lots of people show up and it sure looked like they were having fun. I have some lovely ladies greeting the guests as they walk in and equally lovely ladies making name tags and saying hi. What's there to lose?

To get a list of single people our age, I have advertised on a dating sites and I continue to get a great response with pix and descriptions of guys who I know my ladies would like to meet. Most of you sound terrific, really good, and I hope you'll join the next party on October 6th. If you haven't received the details and you live near the San Fernando Valley (just north of Hollywood and Los Angeles), send an email to wowthatellen@yahoo.com and I'll send you the particulars. There will be a few other singles groups invited, including my friend Rookie's www.SuperSingleMixers.com - she has an email list of 1700! So, if the next one is like the last ones, we should have a really fun time, dancing and mingling and meeting some single people our age.

Thought I'd share some of the emails I've received from the new guys interested in joining the party. I asked for the guys to send a picture and tell me something about themselves that would make me want to invite them to the party, and most of the responses were just that, and the guys looked and sounded really good. Here are some of the others (and my comments):

---From "Nice and Sexy Guy":
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS WHY DONT YOU PUT YOUR PICS SO GUYS COULD SEEYOU I THINK YOU ALL ARE FAT AND UGLY OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE HERE YOU ARE ALL DESPERATE OLS AND UGLY AND DRY TO I FEEL SORRY FOR MISERABLE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. (OK, you're NOT nice and certainly NOT sexy - this is NO way to make friends, fella!)

----im a smoker, im 24 and ill give you the stamina and attitude guys lack at that age. (OK, maybe, but we all have children older than you and whatever would we talke about. Oh, right, we're not supposed to talk...)

----Hello, your proposal for a larger get together sounds intriguing and I would like to participate. I am in Orange Co., but don't mind driving to hopefully meet my last romance. (Good attitude! The ladies might just love you!)

---send pics? (Ah, honey, life is a risk! How can you lose when I offer you a room full of fabulous women and you just have to show up?!?)

----young oral stud has counter offer whats up? i am a sexy 23 year old man with a great body and an insatiable libido, and would love to have you and your friends over for an orgy. (OK, I really couldn't print the rest of his email, as he quite clearly referred to, um, um, let's see how can I put this? OK, a "buffet" of something that he liked to eat? 'Nuf said. And no, he's not invited to the party.)

----Not sure if I would be into a group singles thing, but I am looking for a romantic partner in life. (A whole room full of single ladies looking for a great guy? Should be worth the risk, huh?)

----I appreciated your candor as far as your ad. I'm not sure what angle to take so I'll just be straight. I'd like to have a passionate relationship. For example, one that means sharing things like a good joke, a great song on the radio and sharing eating ice cream in the bath tub. (I love ice cream and I love baths, just never thought of doing both at the same time!)

---I am non smoking. I live in your area, i work , have a job, no children, never been to jail. (Well, that's good to know up front, thank you!)

----im 50 sicilian goodlooking and very rich$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Ah, money can't buy happiness, sorry, but you're welcome to buy drinks for a few of the ladies!)

Whew! Guys are kinda weird, huh? But we do love them anyways. We ladies aren't weird or strange, right? Of course not. OK, see you at the party. xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to a concert that night. I will try to be at the next one. Your parties rock!! Tom